Sunday, July 10, 2005

A Little Senitmental

This is going to be a little sentimental cos thats how I feel. If you are not in a sentimental state of mind stop reading NOW. If you are up for the challenge keep going.....

There has been alot going on lately. Globally and locally events are occurring that are tragic, frightening and completely life changing. So I have been thinking alot.

Mainly about mortality. We are only here for a millisecond in the scheme of things and the truth is that you never really know when that millisecond will be up. We are all going to die, and thats not sad or really even scary, its just the truth.

Life is a gift. I dont know who from, some say God, I dont really know and its not really relevant. Whoever it comes from, life is the biggest gift you will ever recieve. And so I want to challenge you, my millions of loyal and devoted readers, to USE IT.

Im not saying change the world and singlehandedly solve the world hunger crisis. Im not saying we all need to be famous, cos not all of us are supposed to be famous, I dont think we should all be rich. Im saying that we need to appreciate the little things and make every moment as good as we possibly can.

If you see a chance to make yourself smile, take it. Even better, if you see a chance to make someone else happy, take it and give it to them. If a joke is funny share it. If someone looks like they need a smile and a hug, be the one who steps out and gives it to them.

Spend time with small children and dont be afraid to act like them. Hold hands with a loved one. Tell someone how much they really mean to you. Buy a random present "just because" and have the courage to give it away without feeling awkward.

Be friendly to someone you arent normalliy friends with, take a chance and make an outsider feel a little more welcome. Learn about who the people around you really are, instead of judging them on face value only.

This is success I think. Material objects and how many people know your name mean nothing if you are not loved and do not love. Awards and achievemts mean nothing if you are alone sad and closed off from the world.

I told you I was a little sentimental, I warned you, and you still read this. Dont laugh at me I am just saying it how I see it.

No comments: