Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Small Cars Have Rights Too!!!!

Well, dear readers, tonyt I must rant and rave about an issue that is very close to my heart. An issue that is so important, so pivitol to the continuation of the human race that I think that I should campaign until it is taken to the united nations and passed as an international bill. I am speaking, dear readers, about the plight of the small cars.

I am a small car driver, as I am sure that many of my thousands of readers out there also are. And because of this, I am often pushed around, tail gated, swerved into (MOSMAN MUMS!!! GRRRRR), and cut off at round abouts. I get dirty looks when I dare to enter overtaking lanes. People in landrovers shake their heads as they pass me when I am struggling up Mt Ousley.

It is a disgrace. An outrage. It is discrimination against us, the small car minority and it is NOT FAIR. But the final hair was pulled directly from the camels back tonyt. Dear readers, tonyts little 'incident' is the final straw.

I was driving along, innocently enough, home from the mans house. I was singing along to some inane little ditty on the radio. Deciding whether I was going to eat an apple or a large piece of cheesecake (cheesecake won that round). Generally contemplating the meaning of life.

I reached the large roundabout that is at the beginning of the main road of our suburb. I indicated the direction I wanted to go in. I paused to make sure I wasnt going to cut off any oncoming traffic. And then, as I have done on countless occasions before, I entered the roundabout at a safe and resposible speed.

Just as I began to curve around the roundabout, a HUGE TRUCK with 2 HUGE TRAILERS decided that, since my car is a 1.5L 2 door hatch, it MUST NOT EXIST, and drove directly onto the roundabout right in front of me. Im lucky my breaks are working, cos if they didnt I would have been the filling in a truck sandwich right now. I had to stop completely on the roundabout while this monsterous creature went around it. He did not look. Hell I doubt if he even knew I was there. Doubt he even cared really.

i was furious. So furious, in fact that I did something that I dont ordinarily do. I slammed my hand down on my horn, and hard as I could, to show this road hogging beer bellied speed freak truck driver that I was not just a small car driver, I WAS A PERSON AND I HAD FEELINGS TOO.

I was expecting, for some reason, that my horn would come out with a huge bellow, thus reflecting the frustration I felt at that time. What came out however, was an embarrasing "toot" noise that will haunt me forever. I was humiliated. It was almost as bad as farting in a crowded elevator.

So I have come to a decision. A decision for me and my fellow small car drivers. I feel that all small cars should be fitted with very large, very loud and VERY SCARY airhorns. You know, the ones that those evil trucks get. Imagine, driving along in yr small car, pissed off by the wrong road hog, tailgated, cut off and-

HHOONNNNNNNKKKKKK!!!!! Next thing you know that stupid road hog is being carted off to hospital with a cardiac arrest.

So I will campaign for my rights. Now is the time for a change dear readers, and that change is simple- SMALL CARS NEED REALLY BIG HORNS.

That is all.

No comments: