Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Sick Days

TO THE PERSON who started this evil, wretched nauseating virus that is currently infecting the Sutherland Shire- in future, please keep your feral bugs to YOURSELF!!!!
This bug, which has swept through our little social circle, is also sweeping thru local preschools, and is a potential threat to my ENTIRE WORKPLACE, is one of the worst I have ever personally encountered.

To put it in the words of the man in my life "its like ebola that only lasts for 24 hours." Damn straight it is. Every orifice. And thats putting it politely.

4 hours into it and you hardly have the strength to sit on the floor of the shower. You want to sleep but you cant. You want to read but you cant. It is worse than the worse comedown in the world.

But the worst part it- I HAD TO USE A SICK DAY FOR THE PURPOSE OF BEING SICK!!! How unfair is that? Sick days are my "get out of work free" cards: for use in desparate situations when really really over the work place. There is no point in having a day off if you cant ENJOY it!

Sick days are supposed to be used for things like rebellious mid week shopping sprees or trips to the easter show, not for sitting on the couch feeling like shit, watching crappy dvds while wearing you boyfriends daggy t-shirt and toobig socks, sipping flat lemonade and trying to hold down vegemite on bread! Sick days are small pleasures that are meant for living!!

On a high note, the man in my life did a wonderful job of taking care of his ailing girlfriend even though he was sick as a dog also. Lovely man he is.

Oh, and my stomach is flatter than its been since my birthday last year where I drank til 8am in the morning and then vomited to 9pm the next night. Viral weightloss, the new diet by Rissa......

Well Im off now, to gorge in all the foods I missed since my appetite is back (2 days without chocolate is a long and torturous time for me) and to gain back the weight I lost......

No comments: